We all have times in our life that seem dry, challenging and hard work. They are the days, weeks, months or even years where we just need to grit our teeth and push through life. These phases are sometimes called a ‘wilderness season’.
In this sermon, I talk about wilderness seasons. Why do they happen, and how do we navigate them? Looking at the story of the Israelites who walked through their own wilderness of Sinai, I propose nine responses to our personal wilderness seasons:
- Pull on faith and move forward
- Prepare for identity alignment
- Partner with pruning
- Pursue healthy perspective
- Perceive God’s acts of kindness
- Permit yourself to let go
- Posture yourself for spiritual maturing
- Prioritise God first
- Protect against frustration
To hear to the message, click below to download or listen to the audio:
What spoke to you the most? Let me know in the comments!