A healthy church has a prophetic culture that creates an encounter atmosphere. This generates a mentality that seeks to lead people into experiencing the love and power of God for themselves.
What an Encounter Atmosphere?
An atmosphere that has been stewarded within the church corporate gatherings – whether large or small – that is focused on God first and foremost. It is a prophetic culture whereby the heart of God is revealed and manifested in such a way that people naturally encounter Him in new and fresh ways, whether they are believers or non-believers. This prophetic ministry could be defined as ‘connecting people to the Presence of God so they see, hear and feel Him for themselves’.
Why is an Encounter Atmosphere important?
Believers and non-believers will consistently and frequently encounter God for themselves and are shaped and changed.
What does a healthy Encounter Atmosphere bring to a church?
- An Encounter Atmosphere prevents the apostolic from becoming driven, which could result in program or performance-orientated leadership.
- An Encounter Atmosphere ensures the preaching of a Gospel of power, not just of words.
- An Encounter Atmosphere reconnects the wounded and broken-hearted to the heart of the Father.
- An Encounter Atmosphere adds experience to the preaching of the scriptures, ensuring the saints mature in a Spirit-led life.
What happens if an Encounter Atmosphere is lacking?
If there is an over-focus on the prophetic gifts, the church becomes experience-driven and shallow. If the prophetic culture is weak or lacking, the church can become a place of moralism, legalism, intellectualism or activism, without any deep spirituality.
What helps develop an Encounter Atmosphere?
- Pursuing and seeing increased healings, whether physical, psychological and spiritual
- Regular demonstrations of the prophetic gifts in small and large corporate meetings
- Worship times characterised by experiences and encounters with the Presence of God
- An intercessory team, made up of prophetically wired people who have a heart for prayer, and heart for the church.
How healthy is the Encounter Atmosphere of your church? Is it encounter-led, as in, prioritising first and foremost God, stewarding His presence and responding to His voice? Is it an atmosphere, as in, a prophetic culture that is normal, which has been created to facilitate Holy Spirit-led experiences and encounters? To discover the health of your Encounter Atmosphere, as well as the other keys to church health, contact me today.
I have written a book called ‘Hearing the Heart of Heaven’, which looks at developing your own personal prophetic culture. You can find download a free chapter here.