The church vision answers the key question ‘where is your church going?’
To answer this, we need to look at your church’s mission as well as the dreams over the church, whether these are prophetic and external, or internal desires and hopes. All churches have a prophetic purpose to represent the heart of God, and the church vision puts language to this, articulating and inspiring by painting a picture of what success will look like. Vision is meant to captivate, inspire and illuminate. It wins hearts and turns heads. Therefore, to first discover your church vision, we need to find out what wins your heart and turns your head.
An obscure or unexciting vision will have a negative impact on the organisation in multiple ways. In contrast, when a church has an inspirational organisational vision there are a number of benefits:
1. An inspiring vision is essential to define milestones and measurables during ministry review and evaluation.
2. An inspiring vision is essential so the church knows how well its mission is going.
3. An inspiring vision is essential so the church can see the direction and destination of its corporate journey.
4. An inspiring vision is essential so the church can understand why its core values must be non-negotiable.
5. An inspiring vision is essential so the church knows and builds the right programs, processes, and people for victory.
6. An inspiring vision is essential so the church can pursue wise goals, targets, and objectives.
Vision is one key aspect we need to ensure is a strength, but there are more – you can discover the other aspects of a healthy church here.